Dr. Jay was raised with sporting dogs and continues to own and love these breeds. It is important as a sporting dog owner that your veterinarian understands the common injuries and diseases associated with the sport. At Brekke Veterinary Clinic your sporting companion will have an experienced doctor handling his/her sport specific injury or disease. Please contact us if your pet is a sporting dog.
- Knee damage – Torn ligaments
- Elbow injuries
- Skin cuts from barbed wire or branches
- Skin infections from grass awns or other thorns
- Eye injuries
What might be happening
- Sporting dogs are more prone to orthopedic injuries because of their
- Your sporting dog is more likely to develop arthritis at an earlier age because of their level of activity from a young age.
- Sporting dogs have a greater chance of exposure to
flesh eatingor drug resistantbacteria.
What we can do
Having a veterinarian who understands the common injuries for sporting dogs is crucial for
- State of the art digital X-ray for all orthopedic related injuries.
- After hours emergency care for those unexpected accidents when with your sporting dog.
- Dr. Jay recognizes sporting dog cuts and skin infections and knows the proper techniques and
What you can do
- Keep our clinic number accessible in the field in case of an emergency.
- New Clients: to request an appointment please contact us.